Saturday, December 13, 2008

Feast of Sharing




This is the kids with HE-BUDDY!!


Well let me just share with you what a great company I work for! Every year they have a community event where they donate over 5000 meals of Ham, potatoes, veggies, and pecan pie...sodas, milk, and water. To our community. Then all of us HEB folks volunteer our time and serve up this lovely meal to the community. They have music and lots of fun things for the kids to do!! We had a great turn out this year and served about 1500 more meals than they did last year. It is a great time for our community to get together as one and enjoy a big feast. I had pecan pie for the FIRST time and let me tell you...it was YUMMY!! The kids had a great time and it was really neat to get to know some of those people that come shop in my store on a regular basis outside of the store. It was great!! The mayor of the city Temple was there helping serve up the meals. I am glad and VERY grateful to be working with such a giving company. I really do appreciate the opportunities they give to families of all kinds. I hope you all are having a great and festive holiday season, I know I am. I hope also you are all well. Love you all!!

No comments: